St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church
Worship This Week:
This Sunday is the Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost. Our worship theme is “God Acts In His Own Way (And Not Our Way) … By Grace”. The Scripture lessons will be: Jonah 4:5-11, Psalm 27, Romans 9:6b-11 & Matthew 20:1-16. … We will also celebrate Holy Communion this week as Jesus comes to us through the earthly elements of bread and wine to give us his body and blood and the grace of his forgiveness for all our sins.
Sunday’s Spiritual Growth Highlights:
We continue to offer between the Sunday services Bible Classes for all ages: children, teens
and adults. Here is this Sunday’s schedule:
- Adult Class #1: The new 6 part study continues, “Heaven & Hell: Eternal Life, Eternal Punishment”. This Sunday’s lesson: What happens at death?
- Sunday JAM & Adult Class #2: The Red Sea Divided
- Junior Teen: Substance Abuse
Highlights For This Week
Congregational Meeting Recap – A special meeting was held between services last Sunday for the purpose of electing a new president. We thank all who came. May God bless Jeff Sargent as he assumes this responsibility.
What’s Coming at St. Peter (see our website calendar for a complete listing of all activities)
New Member Sunday, Packer Party & School Silent Auction—On Sunday, October 19, we will welcome our newest members. Men’s Club will prepare a cookout that will be served in the gym while we all watch the Packers play (and beat!) the Carolina Panthers. Lots of items will be on sale in the silent auction to benefit our school.
Trunk or Treat Is Coming—We will have our seventh annual Trunk or Treat on Sunday, October 26, 4:00-6:00 pm at Key to Life. We need candy donations, so please bring them to church or Key to Life. We are also looking for a few more vehicle displays. There is a sign up sheet in the entry way at church as we need volunteers and helpers. Remember, Trunk or Treat is our biggest outreach event of the year so many hands are needed to make the work light!
Thank Offering—In the light of God’s many blessings to us, the Coordinating Council has authorized a free will thank offering and urges all members to participate. Gifts may be placed into an envelope marked “Special Thank Offering” and then be set in the offering plate from now up until Thanksgiving. All gifts will enable us to fulfill our commitments to Northland Lutheran High School and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
Stay Informed—We’ve attached the latest “Together” as well as an update from the WELS Board of Home & World Missions.
- St Peter Hosts WELS School of Outreach: 10/11 @ 9:00 am—2:30 pm
- New Member Sunday & Packer Party/School Silent Auction: 10-19
- Fall Work Day (rescheduled): 10/25& 8:00 am All can help, and especially Service Team #10 (Voigt-Zwicky)
- Trunk or Treat at Key to Life: 10-26 @ 4:00-6:00 pm
- Vet’s Night at Men’s Club: 10/27 @ 6:00 pm Men, sign up in the Information Center!
- Fall Power Hour for Kids 0-5 Begins at St Peter School: 10/31 @ 9:30 am “Shapes”